Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Godfather

On September 14th, I was given the honor and privilege of acting as Godfather for my niece Kate's baptism. My partner in Godparenting is my cousin-in-law Elaine. I think that together, we should be able to give Kate all the spiritual guidance she will need as she embarks on the road of life. At the very least, when the time comes, I will join her father's efforts in scaring away and/or physically removing any and all male companionship that we do not feel worthy of her.




Lord, surround this child with goodness, lead her in Your light each day; Help her walk the path You've chosen, guide her steps along the way-Teach her, Lord, to trust Your wisdom with a faith from up above; Keep her from all harm, and bless her always with Your grace and love.
-B. J. Hoff

1 comment:

Katy said...

Elaine is your god-wife Sam.